- What I’d like to know is what happens during the procedure and how long is it. It takes around 45 minutes. The first 20 minutes we have to wait for the anaesthetic cream to take effect and then we will massage your face with the dermaroller in different directions. Immediately after the Dermal Roller procedure the skin will be red, resembling moderate sunburn, as the skin naturally heals the redness will resolve. The skin may remain red for three to four days after Dermal Roller treatment, although it is usual for it to subside within two days and many people are able to return to their normal activities the same or next day.
- Is it completely safe for everyone of all ethnicities. If you are taking any medication or dietary supplements that can affect platelet function and bleeding time, the dermaroller is not recommended. It is safe on all skin ethnicities.
- What it the difference between Medical Microneedling and Cosmetic needling and which one is more/less effective than the other. Cosmetic needling is normally done with 0.2 mm Dermarollers also called home use dermarollers. They open the pores and help you penetrate a product into the skin. On the other hand the clinical Dermaroller can result in an appearance enhancement and is typically used for skin rejuvenation and scar repair or acne scarring. At The Angel Laser Clinic we only do clinical dermarroller.
- Do you put on an anaesthetic gel for treatments? If so, how will I know if I am allergic to it. Yes,We do have 2 types of anaesthetic cream that we will test on your arm when you come for the consultation.
Dermal Roller SRTM( Medical Micro Needling) is a medical device that helps combat the appearance of scars, wrinkles, uneven skin tone, stretch marks, cellulite and even hair loss. Medical Micro Needling is the latest Collagen Induction Therapy. It induces the release of growth factors that stimulate the production of new collagen and elastin restoring the healthy youthful appearance of the skin.
Original Dermal Roller is a fully registered and licensed treatment. The devise is of single use and disposable. Dermaroller is used by trained skin care professionals only.
Treatments are done every 6-8 weeks. Depending on the skin condition a course of 3- 5 skin needling sessions is usually sufficient. Collagen formation can continue for up to 12 months after one treatment.
SKIN-FRIENDLY, FASTER RECUPERATION, COST-EFFECTIVE
The treatment is recommended for improving the appearance of:
- acne scarring and surgical scars
- fine facial lines and wrinkles
- aged and sun damaged skin
- stretch marks
- open pores reduction
- improves skin pigmentation
At the Angel Laser Clinic we can treat successfully Dermal Roller.
The Highlights of Skin needling are:
- minimal downtime
- suitable for treating all skin types, including ethnic skin
- can be used to treat the fragile skin around the eyes, mouth and on the neck.
- much less invasive than Dermabrasion, Lasers and Deep Chemical Peels and has similar results
- does not require the removal of the epidermis therefore the healing time is shorter and there is no post-treatment skin sensitivity to UV light