Dermatological consultations are available at The Angel Laser Clinic by appointment only. Consultations with our Dermatologist cost £250. He is available for medical dermatological consultations in the clinic and surgical procedures at One WellBeck Hospital. Please call The Angel Laser Clinic for further details and to book a consultation.
Dr. Bryan McDonald
He initially trained in general practice as he had an interest in all aspects of medicine and therefore wished to undertake generalist training. During this time he did his examinations for MRCP and MRCGP with a prize for the top pass in the MRCGP in Northern Ireland. After this he worked as a locum, eventually becoming a partner in a practice in Northern Ireland and then developing a portfolio career involving teaching, sitting on medical committees related to primary care such as the local LMC and community hospital committee as well as becoming a local commissioner.
However, during his time as a GP, he developed a special interest in dermatology, which was further developed by completing his Diploma in Practical Dermatology through Cardiff University. After several years in general practice he realised that he wished to specialise in dermatology. To this end, he returned to Core Training before undertaking specialist training, securing a National Training Number in London.
He presently works as a consultant at The Angel Laser Clinic and The Royal London Hospital with interests in all aspects of adult and paediatric dermatology. He is the paediatric dermatology lead, has started up a new hidradenitis suppurativa service, and carries out clinics on all aspects of general adult dermatology. He has also become a member of the BAD Therapeutics and Guidelines Committee.
Dr. McDonald first provides a medical consultation at the clinic, then if any surgical procedure is needed it will be booked for another day at Onwellbeck hospital.
Further minor procedures include treatments that remove skin lesions by non-surgical means. A medical dermatological consultation precedes any skin surgical or non-surgical procedure. Payments can be made by card via chip and pin on the day of your appointment. In the event of cancellation, we kindly ask you to give us 48 hours notice.
- Actinic keratosis (rough skin lesions due to sun damage)
- Fungal infections (skin, scalp, nails)
- Hair problems (hair loss, hair shedding, unwanted hair, flaky scalp)
- Hirsutism and hypertrichosis (excessive hair growth)
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
- Light sensitivity (polymorphic light eruption, lupus erythematosus)
- Lumps and bumps (skin tags, warty lesions, cysts)
- Milia (milk spots)
- Nail problems (fungal infections, abnormal looking or discoloured nails)
- Pityriasis versicolor (yeast skin infection)
- Skin cancer (bowen’s disease, basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, melanoma)
- Tinea (fungal skin or nail infection)
- Urticaria (itchy weals)
- Verrucas (viral warts)
- Viral skin infections (herpes simplex virus, herpes zoster virus, “shingles”)
- Vulval problems (itching, soreness, eczema, psoriasis, lichen planus, lichen sclerosus)
- Warts (viral and seborrhoeic)
- Hydradenitis Supporativa
- Male genital problems