IPL Intense Pulsed Light
IPL is a technology used by medical practitioners to perform skin treatments for aesthetic and therapeutic purposes. At the Angel Laser Clinic we use the Lynton IPL for photo rejuvenation. The treatment helps skin pigmentation, sun damage, and facial redness as well as to alleviate dermatological diseases such as acne.
IPL shares some similarities with laser treatments, in that they both use light to heat and destroy their targets. But unlike lasers that use a single wavelength (colour) of light which typically matches only one chromophore and hence only treats one condition, IPL uses a broad spectrum allowing it to be used against several conditions.
The Lynton 3JUVE® is designed to tackle the three main signs of ageing: discolouration, fine lines and wrinkles, and skin laxity. By utilising light to deliver optimum stimulation of the dermis and epidermis we can stimulate the natural renewal of collagen. This creates natural looking results with little to no downtime. With three separate technologies, we can customise an ongoing skin rejuvenation regime to achieve natural results.
With the Lynton 3JUVE® we can treat:
- Photo damaged skin: roughened, thickened skin, with uneven tone, large pores, excessive secretion of sebum, and loss of elasticity
- Congested skin, lumps and bumps
- Mild scaring: acne scars, surgical scars and traumatic scars
- Mild, static wrinkles
- Pigmented lesions: dyschromia
- Total skin rejuvenation of facial areas
How does the 3 JUVE work?
3JUVE® uses three independent skin rejuvenation technologies, in combination, to help treat the three most common signs of ageing.
- Resurface Fractional Laser with Erbium YAG for fine lines and wrinkles
- Rebright 585 IPL Intense Pulsed Light for redness and sun damage
- Remodel RF Radio frequency for skin tightening
Benefits of IPL light therapy
IPL light therapy is thought to be able to reduce breakouts and other side-effects of inflammation. The light triggers photochemical oxidation in order to kill bacteria on the skin, which is excellent for people with acne or rosacea. IPL light stimulates our fibroblasts for cell renewal and ATP regeneration helping with skin rejuvenation. IPL reduces inflammation and redness in the skin. It also helps with wound healing and reduces pigmentation.
For more information about IPL therapy in Angel London please contact us